A Corbin man was airlifted to the University of Kentucky Medical Center Tuesday night after a he was burned while lighting a grill.
West Knox firefighters and Whitley EMS were called to the residence at 200 Meadowlark Circle off of Standard Ave. at approximately 7:30 p.m. in response to a call that a gas grill had exploded.
Firefighters said the man, identified as Jason Paul, was attempting to light a charcoal grill.
“He was spraying lighter fluid and it flashed up on him,” firefighters said noting Paul suffered second-degree burns to his face, arms, shoulders and chest.
Paul was transported by ambulance to the helipad at the Knox County Annex building on U.S. 25E.